Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. If something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. The Legal Ombudsman expects you to give us 8 weeks to try and resolve the matter. Your complaints should be registered with us within one year of the cause of complaint arising.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will send you a response acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days. Enclosed will be a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mr M J Wood or the designated complaints officer at the time of the complaint who will review your matter fully and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Mr Wood or the Complaints Officer will then respond in writing which will hopefully resolve any issues. He/She will do this normally within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- If an agreement is reached Mr Wood or the Complaints Officer will write to you to confirm any solution he/she has agreed with you.
- If a solution cannot be reached you will be invited to a meeting to discuss and hopefully bring the matter to a conclusion.
- At this stage, if you are not satisfied you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request to review, confirming our final position on your complaint and express our reasons for the action taken.
- If you do not wish to adopt 6 & 7 above and if you are still not satisfied you can then contact The Legal Ombudsman within 6 months from the expiration of the 8-week period. (Contact details below)
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Legal Ombudsman contact details